Fall Write

As I walked through the woods on Halloween night,                                                     leaves crunched beneath my feet,                                                                     and the full moon glowed down on all of the trees casting mysterious shadows.

I walked towards the Willow Mansion that had been abandoned for years,                                   or so I thought. I walked for a quite some time until I was almost out of breath.

I saw the house in the distance and there on the front porch was a dark hooded figure.                     Before I could think my legs were carrying me as quickly as possible away from the mansion.               The night air was cold as it filled my lungs and my legs began to burn.

My feet came to a sudden stop when I reached the edge of the woods.                                   There I found children in their costumes still trick-or-treating.                                              I walked across the street and climbed the steps to my front porch, where I knew I would be safe.

Moon's Light                                      Dara via Compfight

This story is a free write so it does not have any limitations, you are able to do whatever you would like. I chose for mine to be a short story.

Abby

4 Comments on Fall Write

1. Miss W.
    November 7, 2015 at 5:15 am (7 years ago)

Abby,
    What an appropriate image for your piece of free writing. Well done!

Reply
    • abbyas21
      November 10, 2015 at 1:13 am (7 years ago)

Thank you! When I picked it out I thought that it matched the woods and the full moon that are described in my writing. I hope that you enjoyed it.
      Abby

Reply
  2. mckenzie7pm
    November 12, 2015 at 4:30 pm (7 years ago)

Abby,
    I like your poetry for fall that you wrote. If you want to check out my blog here’s the URL http://mckenzie7pm.edublogs.org/ Hope to read more!

Reply
    • abbyas21
      December 3, 2015 at 1:19 am (7 years ago)

I’m glad that you enjoyed it. I thought that it would be a great idea to put a fall write on my blog.

Abby

Reply